Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quick sew-along progress update

I started the vintage lingerie sew-along and I am not as behind as I thought. I printed the pattern, added seam allowance and cut it out. I didn't have any tracing paper, but I did find tissue paper laying around. I hope that will work and won't be too fragile, we will see. I also found some fabric that I think might work out nicely, since this is my first attempt at this and I don't want to waste too much money on fabric. It might sound silly but I have quite a collection of baby receiving blankets from when my little ones were babies and I just haven't gotten rid of all of them yet. They are a thin flannel and really soft. And the one I picked out is a print that my mother used for some of my baby clothes (tiny strawberries). I am not sure how sexy it will be, but I think it will be comfortable. That almost brings me up to date on the sew-along, the only thing I haven't done is try the pattern (cut from tissue paper) on. No pictures yet though...

No comments:

Post a Comment